Thursday, March 22, 2007

Water water everywhere!!!!

Water, water, every where, And all the boards did shrink ; Water, water, every where, Nor any drop to drink.....

The Earth's 70.8% of the surface is covered by water, The remaining 29.2% not covered by water consists of land, mountains and deserts.
Its a dilemma for people living in coastal city suffering with water shortage.The life giving and nourishing H2O is a commodity now which we pay for daily.
Every Mumbaikar can vouch for his insecurity about water and its consequences.
Whats more pity than announcement of water cut on World Water day.
How many times we notice wastage of potable water and move on as it doesn't make difference to us,Stop there ask questions as its going to affect you me our children in future.
Every city village and state has seen a drop in water table and availability of potable water.
Some cities have made water harvesting "jal chat "compulsory for new buildings.The light of the way was shown by our President APJ Abdul kalam who has told many a times the need for water management.
My village in my child hood had abundant water now its suffering water shortage in April only forget about June July.My fellow villagers sell cows milk at 10/Liter and when in town buy potable water for 12/liter!!!
At the same instance some pharma companies sell IV fluids for less than potable water cost??
Water gives life sustains life but it also takes life and disrupts life.Like all forces of nature it deserves respect and management if not accorded disastrous are not far.
I on my part will be conscious not to waste water in my area of influence,You can also do the same.

2 comments:

Pradeep said...

Water is so essential. Inspite of shortage, we take its availability for granted, is it not? A little bit effort from our side can, may be, make some difference...

Amit Shekhar said...

Thanks for your feedback.